Founded in the year 2020 and based in Bangalore, Howdyy has teamed up with Ampere Scooters, Hero Electric and Bounce to meet its requirements for the fleet. Working as a diesel sales supplier in the engineering division requires the transportation of the spare parts of certain engines and the process of booking a logistics vendor to deal with all the detail-related tasks is very tedious and unmanageable, said Aashirwad Deshmukkh, who is the co-founder of Howdy.
Howdyy, which is an EV logistics start-up was founded by Aashirwad along with his childhood friend Kannan Marimuthu, and wife Aishwarya Deshmukkh, in September 2020. Sharing his experience with the first-hand problems, Deshmukkh shared that the delivery partners spend 30% of their total earnings on fuels and maintenance of the vehicle, which spotted a gap in the logistics sector. To bridge this gap, Aashirwad decided to come up with a platform to help the companies by providing an eco-conscious alternative for the delivery companies. The company also aims to be an ICE vehicle (internal combustion engine) alternative in the delivery industry.
Howdyy is an EV logistics start-up founded by Aashirwad along with his childhood friend Kannan Marimuthu, and his wife Aishwarya Deshmukkh.
Currently, the company is operational in Bengaluru, Chennai, Mumbai & Pune and is dealing with clients like Bigbasket, Amazon, Blue Dart, DMart, Porter, Apollo Pharmacy and 1MG. deliveries over 3,000 a day and 1,00,000 each month are claimed by Howdyy.
A tech-driven logistics solution that is led by Electric Vehicles including services from first-mile to the last-mile level as well. about the working of the platform, the founders have explained that once the API is combined with the client’s platform, the orders received are transferred to Howdyy’s dashboard and can be accessed by the EV start-up on a real-time basis, which allows the delivery requirements of non-essential products.
The start-up currently has a total of 1,003 vehicles, of which 278 are three-wheelers and the rest 725 are two-wheelers. While 80 per cent of vehicles are owned by Howdyy, the other 20 per cent are hired from third-party logistics suppliers. The company teamed up with companies like E-Treo and Log9 for the requirements of three-wheelers and with Ampere Scooters, Bounce, Fae Bikes and Hero electric for two-wheelers. With a team of 20 members, Ashirwad handles the business and other managerial functions, while Kannan looks after the overall operations, marketing and branding of the company.
The start-up currently has a total of 1,003 vehicles, of which 278 are three-wheelers and the rest 725 are two-wheelers.
The adoption of EVs in the logistics industry of India is taking place at a faster rate than expected, and the last-mile delivery market is moving in a way which is likely to the USA and China. By the year 2024, the market size is expected to touch the growth of $6-7 billion. The start-up was pushed with an initial investment of Rs 1 crore and has grown 9x since the fiscal year 2021, according to the company claims, but the revenue has not been disclosed by the team, which is also claimed to be profitable. The company has also shared that it has plans to focus on partnerships in order to enhance the EV ecosystem.
Aashirwad has also added that the ecosystem established around the EV-led logistics industry is critical to its success, including partnerships, sourcing partners, two- and three-wheeler rentals, maintenance of vehicles, finance partners, and many more. To build a stronger base for the company, the ecosystem must innovate and evolve. Howdyy is interested in partnering with other firms in the ecosystem to provide services like fleet management, hiring of vehicles, delivery partner recruiting, charging infrastructure, and so on.